Swimming in the ocean...

 dreaming my middle school time

There we are, all of my classmates on a boat. The boat was sailing over a large wide river. The banks were covered in green plants and threes. Looked almost tropical. I was enjoying the view. Feeling the wind in my hair, seagulls flying around...

Then all of a sudden the weather changed. Seagulls dissapeared into the green bushes, wind started to blow harder and harder. The river, who was calm at the beginning, started to wave up at the sides of the ship. I started to worry about the weather, I turned my head around, but i seemed to be the only one who was noticing the changes of the weather. I tried to talk to people, I tried to ask someone... no one seemes to hear me of even see me. They all talked to each other... was I a gost?

Meanwhile, the wind had picked up. Hard gusts of wind blew across the deck, dangerously hard. I knew I would have to seek shelter. I tried to walk to one of the pillars, before I got there I had to pass a group of students. The only way to get past them was through the railing of the ship. The ground was slippery from the rain. A strong gust of wind arrived and swung me over board without too much effort. The cold river water caught me off guard. For a moment I was under, thinking that this was the end of a dream and I would wake up in bed.

But nothing was further from the truth...

I opened my eyes, saw a wall of 'dark' water around me. Out of panic, I started to tread and reached the surface of the water. When I opened my eyes again I saw the ship, sailing away in the distance.

Had no one noticed? Nobody who saw that I fell overboard. At first I felt surprised, did no one hear the scream. At second hand, it was no surprise that no one noticed me. That wasn't a new thing. 

I kept swimming, but the nice greens banks that I had seen before, were no where to be seen. I felt the bit of hope surviving this, slipping away whit every kick that I made with my feet... Slowly I got tired, more and more water was slipping into my mouth. Drowning was the only option life had given me. Because there was no place to swim to...

Everytime at that point, the dream ends and I wake up in my bed. Afraid to go back to sleep and have te same bad dream. 

Reacties

Populaire posts